Monday, February 9, 2009

Get your praise on! say what..Get your praise on !

This is how to get your praise on through music. Gospel music can make you grove. It can make you dance!It can make you cry! Music is a connection of your inner soul to your spirit. Music comes from God. Did you know that music originated in heaven? Yes, heaven. God created music so He loves sound. His angels play and sing music throughout heaven. If you don't believe me it is recorded in the bible that the angels surround Him all day long. He sits high above on His throne and the angels cry HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY all day long. Why are they crying HOLY Holy Holy. God is so awesome!

The angels see Him in His full glory and they watch a new facet or dimension of Him appear. They can't stand it. The awesomeness of God. God created the first heavenly choir and the most anointed angel was Lucifer. Because of Lucifer's' pride he was demoted and kick out of choir and heaven. At the speed of light he was kicked (kaput) out. Read it for yourself. Music was taken from talking about God to selfish desires. Now let's talk about music. Just had to give you a little course in where music originated. Now gospel music comes in different genres. It is according to the listeners preference on what he likes. This is the genre of country, pop, southern, rock-roll, rap, traditional, inspiration, hip-hop, folk, instrumental, contemporary, blue grass (you get the picture).

There is music for everyone. So don't go condemning others for what they like. I forgot to mention that music comes in all languages and cultures. Since we are talking about favorite music, I prefer contemporary. Gospel gives us hope. Why? I love the word of God(not that you don't) I find that scripture is sang in much of contemporary gospel music. I have heard it said that you can't tell who they are talking to in some music. If you read the word you would understand it.
Your spirit will agree to the music. You can just hear the Psalms, Isiah,and many others scriptures from the word. For example Nicole C. Mullen's sings I know my Redeemer lives." Read Job..I know my redeemer lives. Lets not go into Steven Curtis Chapman Live out Loud." This is telling you to let others see Jesus in you. The list of scripture in music goes on. We also have praise and worship music. What is it? This is music that takes you before the throne of God, kneel at His feet and declare He is worthy and Holy. (as the angels do all day long).

Worship music is personal. Yes,He is my personal Jesus. I tell you if you want to get His attention, worship Him. He loves it. Don't you love when you are told how beautiful you are.(if you don't then I need to pray for you right now.) Father, allow this person to know that they are wonderful and not a mistake. They need to know that they are fearfully and wonderfully made. That you created them to love themselves as you love them. Let them know that you made them to glorify You and tell others the good news. They don't have to be dead no more, they do not have to be depressed no more, they don't have to be broke, disgusted and busted no more.

Thank you Jesus. In your name Jesus AMEN. Back to the basic. Music should fill you from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. It should inspire you to connect with Him. Music should connect you to Him. If when listening to gospel music you feel like dancing (go ahead ) He loves dance. He created that too.It is society that takes dance and make it negative. Don't act like you can't see the difference.(don't play) Remember when Moses was in the wilderness, Miriam his sister danced.

Let's not talk about David who danced before the Lord till his clothes fell off.(it is in the bible read). There are many celebrations and dances that went on (yes God knows how to throw a party) To think you thought you were the party planner. Child there ain't no party like God's party. In fact He plans a banquet for all of us. Are you answering and RSVP to your invitation. I have..(that is one party I will not miss) oh yea,back to music(don't blame a girl for loving to party) Music should set your mood: according to what you are listening too. Did you know music can bring on sadness or depression(funeral music, and nobody knows the trouble I seen) sorry if I stepped on toes. Yet, I am not sorry for I encourage you to live out loud. Put your praise on. Praise is giving Him the glory and thanks.

There are many great anointed singers. Music should reach you.I may not like the same song you love. (get the picture) Sometimes traditional music dries you out.(where is the joy) He came to give life and give it more abundantly. Believe me I never intend to forget those that prayed for me and prayed me through. I combine both. There is only one message but different messengers. I need you like you need me. I tell you I keep getting off music. I like rap gospel, if it glorifies God, and talk about the word. Listen to it sometimes. Jesus says speak the word and if rap speaks the word repeatedly, then that is a good thing.

When God is glorified and Lifted up ...you know the rest. If you don't like it, then try it, you will like it. I am so enjoying this (can't you tell) it fells like fire shut up in these bones (excuse me praise break). No matter what genre of gospel music you prefer just listen to it. Music will take you from off self-centeredness into Him. Top ten music coming later. I also will discuss how many think christian escape from their problems by using religion. ooh if you only knew what religion really means. Is it escapism? Remember, live out loud.You are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment